Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Author Day

Wow! I think students had a great day writing with Angeli Perrow, watching a clam move under a microscope, dancing native American dances, learning how to cast a fishing rod, learning about animals who are native to Maine, and many, many, more fun activities!

What did Mrs. Sprague's homeroom students learn or like?

Here are some of their comments:
* I liked when we talked about clams and where the eggs were put.
* I liked when the game warden talked about the different skins and where the animal might have lived in Maine.
* I learned how to use a compass!
* I learned that you can fit 60 clam eggs on the end of a pin!
* I liked learning the Wabanaki rabbit dance!
* Lynx paws are bigger than bobcat paws.
* I liked making comics!
* That there are people in Maine who raise clams.
* 93% of Maine is trees!
* It's easy to find where you are with a map!
* A clam can lay 2 million eggs!
* I learned that fishers are very vicious.
* They are many Maine folk songs from the past like "Blueberry", "Old Horse", or Shipman's Grace".

No comments:

Post a Comment